Tuesday, July 12, 2005

academic woes

I'm trying to get out of a compulsory subject in my arts degree. It's statistics of all things! I'm majoring in literature with a minor in both media and sociology. I do not have a mathematical brain and I'm not doing psychology. I rang the university today to see if I can somehow be exempt or do another subject in lieu of it. Big answer was no. No offence to Admin. people, but I asked if I could speak to somebody else about it. So off she went to check. She came back saying to write a letter to the Faculty Academic Committee, and then in the same breath added that no one has ever been successful. Well I have to give it a try, so I've just finished madly typing it and have just posted it off. I hope I get out of it. I really, really do not want to do statistics. Just thinking of having to sit through a subject like that makes me feel like all blood circulation has stopped before hitting my brain. I've even checked to see if the subject is offered during the summer, so that even if I have to do it, I can do it on its own, therefore use all my powers of concentration. The subject being offered in summer is dependent on the fail rate. I'm feeling quite miserable at present just thinking about doing this boring subject. :(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...