So happily I have returned to some characters from this novel. Almost like resuming old friendships. In 2005 I had written almost 30'000 words. Yep. That much. Then I came to a DEAD END. It was very frustrating, but as I re-read what I had written I suddenly had a thought. An an end came to me. Just like that. Now you must remember that I am still yet to write it. I'm not going to say anything else about this book, because I'm a big believer in not talking, but rather writing it. This was after I discovered the fifteen commandments about mystery writing, that I posted many years ago, that really can be said for any kind of writing. Ever since reading these commandments I've followed them and I find them helpful.
At the moment I am storyboarding my novel. Tedious but I think it needs to be done. I need to formulate it into some kind of plan and then I need to write it off the storyboards that will show the ending. Does anyone else write this way? I have never done so before, but I think it will work for me.
The only negative thing about being inspired to write this novel again? Not being able to blog as frequently as I wish.
So, in light of it being a New Year (almost), I want to reminisce on 2011 and what I hope to do in 2012.
- Knocked off a year of my Graduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching.
- Began the renovation/extension of our home.
- My amazing son began to truly talk. I can now have a conversation with him.
- My daughter is another year older and a delight.
- In my eyes my husband is still amazing after all these years.
I hate to say resolutions, but I suppose really that's what this is.
- We will be focussing on our extension/renovation this year.
- I will finish my novel.
- I will try to blog more.
- My son begins four year old kinder and will continue his therapy. I hope he will continue to go from strength to strength.
- As I am taking a break from study this year, I will have my daughter with me full time. We will be attending many playgroups. And parks. And the library.
- Dare I say it? Okaaaay then. I will exercise more this year.......
Happy New Year everyone.