Saturday, December 31, 2011

Notable Reads 2011

Looking at this list now I can see just how remiss I have been in writing reviews.  I've only reviewed a few of them.  The books featuring on this list are not in any particular order and are books that I have found myself thinking about afterwards.  To me this is the mark of good writing.  I'm also happy to see that my reading has been very eclectic.  So hopefully in 2012 my list will be even longer and I'll have more time to write reviews.




The windup girl, Paolo Bacigalupi


The somnambulist: a novel, Jonathan Barnes


Ender's game, Orson Scott Card




The passage, Justin Cronin


The gargoyle, Andrew Davidson


Promises to keep: a novel, Jane Green


Justice Hall, Laurie R King


Perdido street station, China Mieville





Boneshaker, Cherie Priest


Hyperion, Dan Simmons


Giants of the frost, Kim Wilkins




The elegance of the Hedgehog, Muriel Barbery


4 comments:

Sam (Tiny Library) said...

The only one of these I have read is The Passage, which I enjoyed as well. I like your criteria for this list: books that made you think about them afterwards.

Happy New Year!

scribeswindow said...

I think the worst thing is when you read a book, put it down and never think about it again. Or you come across a book and start asking yourself, have I read this before? I do that so much. So this is why there are always standouts. Thanks for stopping by Sam. :)

Giselle said...

Ooh the Windup girl looks really good! Great list!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

scribeswindow said...

You need to read the Wind up girl Giselle. Very dystopian.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...