Thursday, September 01, 2005

I forgot my name!!!!!!

I have had my first piece of fiction published. It's a short story and I submitted it into my University Magazine. Yesterday I saw the latest publication, and eagerly opened up to the contents page. There I saw the title of my short story and with a sense or pride I flicked to the relevant page. Then, to my horror, I read the words: unfortuantely there was no name submitted with this piece. Next time please remember to submit work with your name. I had emailed my story, and stupidly (and naively I might add), I assumed that my name on my email would be attributed to the story. Obviously the Magazine must get hundreds of items sent to them, and obviously they print them out and there they sit awaiting publication. I had to go away and drown my sorrows in a mocha latte.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey...at least you were talented enough to be published. Are you going to send them your name so they can possibly put in a little notice in their next issue and attribute your story to you?

scribeswindow said...

I'm not sure Jawahara. I did notice that one other person who submitted work didn't provide their name either and had the same disclaimer. I'm assuming this may be a regular thing. There doesn't appear to be any area within the publication that allows name notification of previously submitted information, so even if I did they may not even print it?? I think I just have to resign myself that it's in print - albeit without my name. c'est la vie.

Jessie said...

Ouch must have hurt. Better put in your name at the BEGINNING of everything you write!

Dak-Ind said...

ACK, that would so suck. from the title of the post i wasnt exactly expecting that! my son got accused of forgetting his own name because he has changed the way he spells it. Dakota is such a Oregon Ducks fan that he spells his name Duck-ota. his isnt an ACK! kind of story :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...